Saturday 10 January 2015

My Top 6 Favourite Items of 2014!

Hey everyone, So since my computer has been broken for the past week (it's back working now), I haven't really been able to properly blog or upload videos! Just when I was about to edit and hopefully upload my long overdue 'What I got For Christmas' video, the editor I use (iMovie) is no longer installed as my computer had to be wiped clean! So I'm hopefully going to get that installed again in the next few hours! So on this lovely Saturday I'm just going to be on my computer all day, along with some school stuff I have to do... To be honest I don't mind too much, I'm a nerd in that sense I secretly enjoy being stressed and busy... well to a certain extent!


Anyway Today I decided to write a post on My Top 6 Favourite Items of 2014! Seeing as it's a new year and all that, I thought it would be fitting to reflect on items that made my year! ( Beauty and fashion related of course!) These are in no order! Lets get started...

  1.  A Foundation that I used a lot over 2014 and still at the moment is 'The Laura Mercier silk creme foundation'. I have been using this foundation for years and although it's quite pricey, in my eyes it's 100% worth it! I use the shade ' Cream Ivory' which is a perfect everyday match with amazing yellow undertones! This foundation has a good range of shades. The reason I love this foundation so much is the because of the blendable, creamy texture, the full,buildable coverage and the lasting power! I love to apply this foundation with a damp sponge!  I'm going to do a video review and demo on my youtube channel in the upcoming few weeks so make sure to keep an eye out for that! 




  2. A concealer that I bought this time last year and have been using it everyday and it still hasn't been used up is the 'Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer'. I use the shade SC-3. This is an AMAZING cream concealer. I use this on my one on one blemishes and under eye circles. What makes this product unique is the choice of 2 slightly different shades of concealer which can be mixed together to get the perfect shade! This concealer is quite expensive but you get 2 for 1 in a way! 
  3. The Mascara of 2014 that has to be the best I have ever used is the 'Loreal Telescopic Mascara'. This mascara is.. wow. I build it and layer it to get my lashes looking like full on false eyelashes! It's unreal. This mascara has synthetic fibres in it which attach to your lashes and make them long and voluminous!  
  4. I am a big eyeshadow lover but last Christmas I got a set of 'Bella Terra Cosmetics' loose eye shadows. These are amazing! I wet a small brush that came with the set and pack the glitter onto my lid. I love these for nights out as they are so beautiful and pigmented and add so much to an eye look! 
  5. This next makeup product is quite random but I used it all the time in 2014 so I decided to throw it in. The 'Mac Cremesheen Lipstick in Lavender Whip'. This lipstick is life. I'm not even joking! I got it as a gift and it is my first and only Mac Lipstick (kinda weird) but anyway, The shade as the name suggests, is a lavender purple colour. It surprisingly suits me really well and goes with any makeup look! It adds a pop of colour to your look and is so creamy and has a sheen to it. I love this lipstick for Spring/summer! 

  6. The last but defiantly not least favourite item from 2014 has to be the fashion trend of 'Kimonos!' Not going to lie, these fashion staples were a massive obsession of mine during the summer and it still seems to be as I have recently purchased a black, lace one in A&F! During the summer I watched a lot of DIYS on how to make my own Kimonos and I made a few easily out of scarfs which I bought in Pennys! As my sewing skills are not on point, they kinda fell apart after a while but they 100% did the job and I wore them mostly everyday in Summer 2014!  

So they are the 6 of my favourite items of 2014, I hope you guys had a great 2014 but I hope you have an even better 2015! 


Yours Truly,
Alicia xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment